Cycle Alert is made up of three fundamental parts:
Watch the Safety Animation
Under The Handle Bars
Cycle Alert is a motion activated tag attached to the person, the helmet or on the cycle. The tag sends a message to wireless sensors mounted on the Heavy Goods Vehicle which in turn relay the information to the Driver’s cab unit. This unit alerts the driver (audio and visual) to the presence of a cyclist and their position in relation to the vehicle.
Main Features Include:
• works on all HGVs, LGVs and PSVs, and also works through glass which means it can work on buses and coaches
• wireless sensors (10 year life)
• quick and easy to install (30 mins for a bus, 45 mins for HGV)
• cycle tag is motion activated to prolong battery life
• cycle tag battery life approximately 12-18 months
Cycle Alert realised that the same technology could be applied within the construction industry, in order to protect operatives, and so Operative Alert has been borne from this same innovation.
Not just a construction industry aid, Operative Alert can be used in many other workplace environments, for instance in third party logistics, and the warehouse and distribution industries, where the close proximity of forklift trucks and delivery lorries to workers is a major risk.
The Cycle Alert and Operative Alert products are the subject of patent applications PCT/GB2013/050823 and GB1400055.8 and registered Community design numbers 002215160-0001, 002215160-0002 and 002215160-0003.
Fitting is incredibly easy, as can be seen from this video: